- The History of Concordia University’s Electroacoustic Program and Concert Series as told by Kevin Austin to Ian Chuprun the evening of Oct 31, 2001.
After handing out the Halloween candies to the goblins and witches in the neighborhood, Kevin and I sat down together around an AKG 414 to record Kevin's recollections of the development of electroacoustics in Canada, and where Concordia sat within the larger soundscape. We recorded slightly more than 3 hours of audio, and I have sectioned it and put in titles in order to aid listening.
- A video documentary profiling ÉuCuE and the present Concordia program, written, produced and directed by Alyce Lyn Pumphrey (due to the production schedule this video will not be made available until May 2002).
To celebrate 20 years of concerts (over 100 concerts with more than 1000 pieces performed) ÉuCuE invited past presenters and teachers in the Concordia electroacoustic program to each prepare and present a concert of electroacoustic works. These invited 'curators' were asked to prepare a short program note and then to speak at the concert, both about the pieces and to reflect out loud on their time working at Concordia.
As the CEC has had a close working relationship with ÉuCuE, a number of concerts were proposed that were to highlight some of the elements which are important to the organization (ex. international ties and support for the younger generation).
- Oct. 3, 8pm - Pieces presented by Kevin Austin
- Oct. 4, 5pm - Pieces from the CEC's 2001 JTTP Project
- Oct. 4, 8pm - Pieces presented by Jean François Denis
- Oct. 5, 5pm - The pre-release of the CD Cache 2001
- Oct. 5, 8pm - Pieces presented by Mark Corwin
- Nov. 8, 5pm - International Month of Electroacoustics Concert
- Nov. 8, 8pm - Pieces presented by Laurie Radford
- Nov. 9, 5pm - International Month of Electroacoustics Concert
- Nov. 9, 8pm - Pieces presented by Ian Chuprun
- Feb. 13, 8pm - Pieces presented by Ned Bouhalassa
- Feb. 14, 5pm - CEC Jeu de temps / Times Play 2002
- Feb. 14, 8pm - Pieces presented by Andra McCartney
- Feb. 15, 5pm - Concordia Multi-channel concert
- Feb. 15, 8pm - Pieces presented by Yves Gigon
- March 6, 5pm - Matt Kober - Concordia Student Project
- March 6, 8pm - Pieces presented by Rosemary Mountain
Student Projects in honor of the 2002 celebrations
Due to the student production schedules, these projects will not be made available until May 2002.
Nicolas Basque - Polyèdres
Melina Bondy - Words in Progress
Jef Chippewa - DUO
Jason Delis - Journeyman
Yves Gigon - Cercle visqueux / Crickpet
Gary Hillier - blinddrives
Gary Hillier - dance piece #1
Andrea Holtslander - Steam, Billow
Matt Kober - Gaseous Porpoise / Meat
Matthew Kober - July 11, 1990 (for the Seventh Generation)
Sophia Male - Water is Falling
Lindsay Manning - Bird's-Eye View
Payam Montazami - Air Pocket
Daniel Romano - Chaffinch / Cosmos
Daniel Romano - Noon
Karine Savard - GIA 1.0
Karine Savard - untitled
Warren Spicer - The Singing of a Speaking Summer Swelter
Warren Spicer - Ill distract myself while you cry like a boxer tears
A number of histories of Canadian Electroacoustics can be viewed here: