Jeu de temps / Times Play 2010 (JTTP 2010)
CD Compilation “Cache 2010”
The CEC is pleased to announce that the following works have been selected by the international jury to appear on the Cache 2010 double-CD compilation highlighting this year’s JTTP project (in alphabetical order):
CD 1 — CA
- Adam Basanta — a glass is not a glass (18:55 / 2009)
- Guillaume Campion — Quadriforis (10:00 / 2010)
- Valérie Delaney — La cité de verre (8:05 / 2009)
- Émilie Payeur — Triptyque (11:09 / 2010)
- Charles Quevillon — Au Boute (21:42 / 2010)
CD 2 — AUS/NZ
- Chris Black — Marvel Q (9:07 / 2009)
- Jeremy Coubrough — The Spectre of the “Delusion of the Fury” (6:15 / 2010)
- Jack Hooker — Field Murmur (5:44 / 2010)
- Blake Johnston — Submerge (6:45 / 2010)
- Jason Long — Glass-Back (5:07 / 2006)
- Nic McConaghy — Single Origin (4:17 / 2010)
- Mark Oliveiro — In Maluga (8:56 / 2009)
- Jon Panther — Scherzophobia (7:16 / 2010)
- Emi Pogoni — Untitled (7:04 / 2010)
- Rupert Snook — Orbit (5:15 / 2010)
For JTTP 2010, the CEC collaborated with Australasian Computer Music Association (ACMA). Similar to the collaboration in 2003 with the UK’s Sonic Arts Network (SAN) and in 2009 with Germany’s national electroacoustic association (DEGEM), submissions from both Canada and Australasia were accepted. Prizes were awarded to both the Canadian and Australasian top-placing composers.
Cache 2010 is a double-CD, with one CD containing selected Canadian works and the other containing selected works from Australasian winners.
About / Sur Cache
Cache provides a unique opportunity for young and emerging composers in Canada to rapidly gain important international exposure in a variety of contexts. Promotional distribution of Cache by the CEC results in numerous international radio broadcasts (with simultaneous webcasts), concert play (also with webcast) and exposure to a select group of individuals and institutions involved in the support and promotion of electroacoustics on an international level. There are few examples — on a national or international level — of such a degree and quality of sustained and dedicated support as the CEC offers to young and emerging composers through the Cache CD series.
Where to Buy / En vente chez…
Cache is available for sale at DIFFUSION i MéDIA.
Acknowledgements / Remerciements
Thanks to the PeP team, the SOCAN Foundation and to DIFFUSION i MéDIA for continued project support.
Merci à l’équipe de PeP, à la Fondation SOCAN et à DIFFUSION i MéDIA pour leur contribution et support.