Jeu de temps / Times Play 2009 (JTTP 2009)
CD Compilation “Cache 2009”
The CEC is pleased to announce that the following works have been selected by the international jury to appear on the Cache 2009 double-CD compilation highlighting this year’s JTTP project (in alphabetical order):
CD 1 — CA
- Guillaume Barrette — Syncrétisme (7:28 / 2009)
- Tomas Furey — Tes régions (7:44 / 2008)
- Olivier Girouard — Suite_04 (18:47 / 2009)
- Yota Kobayashi — Kakusei (12:05 / 2009)
- Félix Lachance — Manège I (5:49 / 2009)
- Christopher Mclean — Bébelles (8:21 / 2009)
- Charles Quevillon — Frette (12:44 / 2009)
CD 2 — DE
- Jonas Foerster — Echoes of Urban Life (5:58 / 2008)
- Florian Hartlieb — Im vorderen Zimmer des hinteren Raums (12:16 / 2009)
- Oliver Peters — Transkript 18 (19:26 / 2009)
- Timo Ruttkamp — Snapshots [Cache version] (8:58 / 2008)
- Alexander Schubert — Nachtschatten (11:38 / 2008)
- Nicolas Wiese — Vertikalzeit (14:44 / 2008)
For JTTP 2009, the CEC collaborated with Germany’s national electroacoustic association, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Elektroakustische Musik (DEGEM). Submissions from both Canada and Germany were accepted, prizes were awarded to both the Canadian and German top-placing composers, and Cache 2009 is a double-CD, with one CD containing selected Canadian works and the other containing selected works from German winners.
Reviews / Critiques
Couture, François. “Cache 2009, Arnold/Stowell, Arnold/Colonques/Saavedra: Journal d’écoute / Listening Diary 2011-01-31.” Monsieur Délire [website]. Posted 1 February 2011.
About / Sur Cache
Cache provides a unique opportunity for young and emerging composers in Canada to rapidly gain important international exposure in a variety of contexts. Promotional distribution of Cache by the CEC results in numerous international radio broadcasts (with simultaneous webcasts), concert play (also with webcast) and exposure to a select group of individuals and institutions involved in the support and promotion of electroacoustics on an international level. There are few examples — on a national or international level — of such a degree and quality of sustained and dedicated support as the CEC offers to young and emerging composers through the Cache CD series.
Where to Buy / En vente chez…
Cache is available for sale at DIFFUSION i MéDIA.
Acknowledgements / Remerciements
This recording was made possible through the assistance of the Canada Music Fund and the Music Section of the Canada Council for the Arts. Thanks are also due to Concordia University, the PeP team and to DIFFUSION i MéDIA for continued project support.
Cet enregistrement a été rendu possible grâce à l’aide du Fonds de la musique du Canada et du Service de la musique du Conseil des Arts du Canada. Merci également à l’Université Concordia, l’équipe de PeP et à DIFFUSION i MéDIA pour leur contribution et support.